Since 9 June 2020 we welcome you again to the Ethnographic Museum at the University of Zurich.
On 2 April we opened our new exhibition «Kolkata black & white» virtually with images and sounds. Now we cordially invite you to enter the exhibition space and, surrounded by the light and shadow of changing image projections, to listen to the diverse soundscape of the Indian metropolis.
Also our two other exhibitions «Talking with drums» and «Celadon in Focus» are open again. Here we welcome you with multifaceted insights into the cognitive and corporeal skills of West African master drummers and Chinese celadon masters.
In addition to the three current temporary exhibitions, we offer you the opportunity to visit past exhibitions again in our virtual permanent exhibition. Our 360° documentaries are available to you online around the clock.
Starting fom July we will also resume our event programme step by step. Detailed information are available in the agenda on our website, the printed programme and the electronic newsletter. For further questions please contact: email@example.com.
The library is open with limited service. For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to protect your health and that of our staff, we have taken measures throughout the museum. Our protection concept is based on the specifications of the Federal Office of Public Health and the University of Zurich as well as the recommendations of the Swiss Museums Association:
- The number of visitors per exhibition room is limited
- Some interactive stations are temporarily out of operation or can only be used partially (in the exhibition «Kolkata black & white» it is possible to connect your own headphones to the tablets)
- Touchable surfaces are regularly disinfected or cleaned
- Hand sanitizers are available at several places in the house
- For the time being, participation in guided tours and events is only possible upon registration
- At the reception it is possible to pay cashless
We thank you for your loyalty and support during the past weeks and are happy to welcome you again in our house!
The Director and the Team of the Ethnographic Museum
KOLKATA BLACK & WHITE
We hope to provide you with a virtual tour through our upcoming exhibition in April.